Zoo Med Excavator Clay Substrate 9Kg XR-20
Your Shopping Basket
Check out Zoo Med’s new Excavator™ Clay Burrowing Substrate!
* Allows reptiles to dig tunnels and burrows just like they do in nature
* Watch your reptiles perform natural digging behaviors
* Mold and create multi-level terraces and burrows in your reptiles terrarium
* Make your reptiles feel like they are "at home" in their natural habitat
* Excavator™ holds its shape so burrows and tunnels won't collapse
* All Natural! No added dyes, colors or chemicals
5 Lb. Bag, Item #XR-05
10 Lb. Bag, Item #XR-10
Product SKU: SZE112
Product Barcode: 00097612740202
Manufacturer Ref: XR-20
Zoo Med - View Company Website »
Zoo Med introduced the first American reptile vitamin in 1982 and never looked back!
Today the company holds 8 reptile product patents and 9 aquatic product patents in the USA and internationally with more pending.
Zoo Med's greatest accomplishment has been the invention of UVB lighting for reptiles, which took place in 1993 and became the standard the world over for Zoos, Veterinarians and the reptile hobbyist.
The current range includes products for reptiles, amphibians, fish and birds.
1977 - 19 year old Gary Bagnall and college friend Mark Lemke start a reptile company out of a one car garage. Located in Costa Mesa, California, the company is called “In Cold Blood”.
1978 - Gary teams up with accomplished Elaphe breeder Lloyd Lemke and the name is changed to “Orange County Zoological”.
1979 - Gary starts California Zoological Supply (”Cal Zoo”) and travels to Honduras, Egypt, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Nigeria, and Western Samoa in search of reptiles. Cal Zoo was the first company in the U.S. to bring in Uromastyx aegyptius, Pacific island boas and the original 4 Albino Columbian Red-Tailed Boas. Today over 50% of the reptiles and amphibians sold from Cal Zoo are captive raised from private breeders in the U.S. Cal Zoo is now owned by Tyrone Dillon.
Read More »